Deacon John Juneau at the Cathedral Parish told me this story. I think it’s a great example of a modern day parable. After reading this, see if you can summarize its meaning in a single sentence.
A famous professor, known for her ability to engage her students, began the lecture one day by holding up a crisp new $20 bill. “Anyone who would like this piece of paper raise your hand.” All hands went up.
Next she crinkled the twenty into a little ball. “Who wants this piece of paper now?” Again all hands were raised. Unfolding the wadded twenty, she wiped it across the chalk board. “Still want this?” All hands raised.
On she went, grinding it with her shoe, slamming the door on it, finally dunking it into her morning coffee. “Who wants this now?” Everyone raised their hands wanting to get this filthy, soaking, ragged $20 bill.
So what’s the meaning? Try saying it in one sentence.
Do you see any lesson it might have for human beings? (Think about yours. Then see mine (upside down!)
2. Battered, stepped on, filthy, it doesn’t matter; we never forfeit the sacred value we have as being human beings, created in God’s image.
Holy Trinity Livestream
It was with great excitement that Holy Trinity broadcast our Sunday Mass to the internet (Livestream) this past weekend! You can view Mass live at the time of streaming, (Sunday’s at 10:30 am. and throughout the following week.
Livestream is a great option for those who are unable to come to Mass on a given Sunday or who would like to review Sunday’s Mass later in the week for the purposes of prayer.
If you are not someone who uses the internet on a regular basis, it can be intimidating.
So how do YOU get to enjoy this new feature at Holy Trinity?
Watching Livestream 101:
- You will need to have internet access via computer, tablet, smart phone or smart TV.
- Go to Holy Trinity’s website holytrinityweb.com.
- On the left side of the home page, click on the link that says “Watch Sunday Mass LIVE”. This will take you to the Livestream website.
- To start the video, simply press the “play arrow” in the center of the video.
If you have any questions, please contact Helen Sleeman firstname.lastname@example.org / 265-1616 ext. 337.