As promised, below you will find a description of each evening event for our One by One Mission. First, a couple general comments about what each evening will contain.
Food. The sessions will start immediately after Saturday evening mass. The first two nights we will gather in Murphy Hall at 5:15 pm. The third night starts at 6:15 pm in the Gathering Space. Dinner will be provided. We hope you meet “your invitee” and sit together for the meal.
Time. We want the evening to move quickly so we’re planning to be done by 7:30 (8:30 on 3/21), giving time for other activities that evening.
No preaching. The goal of the event is to provide a comfortable and fun way to relook at the Catholic Church. Lots of time for questions (any questions!). Someone will tell a brief story about their own personal journey in and out of the Catholic Church.
No solicitation. We’re not looking for new parishioners. We just want people, on their own, to feel free to come along with us . . . or not. We think the Catholic vision of life and worship is wonderful. We think it’s important to share this news.
Babysitting. Available all three nights for children ages 3 to 10 years.
Youth program. We will have activities for Jr. High students on the first night and Sr. High students on the second night – bring your friends!
So here’s the lineup:
Saturday, February 21, 5:15 pm. “Let’s Play”
- Food and intro’s
- Trivia Competition (real easy, goofy questions, everybody wins)
- “You’ve Been Away? Me Too.” Talk — short story of one person’s being away and now returned. “Why I came back and what I found.”
- Invitation to come back for next event.
Saturday, March 7, 5:15 pm. “Let’s Talk”
- Food and welcome.
- “I Need God in My Life. My Catholic Faith Helped Me Find Him” Talk. Witness talk by a parishioner about how they found their place in the Catholic Church.
- Conversation at tables about peoples’ own stories. (Personal sharing only as people feel comfortable – – – no forced, uncomfortable admissions).
- Anonymous Question Box. Fr.’s John and Tim will do their best to answer all questions and address burning issues.
- Invitation to next event.
Saturday, March 21, 6:15 pm. “Let’s Pray”
- Pot Luck Supper (bring a dish to pass) and welcome.
- Move to church for an informal conversation and walk through of the Catholic Mass.
- Brief description of upcoming Palm Sunday and Holy Week.
- Invitation to join us for Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
Hang on to this sheet, as your “invitee” will certainly want to know what we have planned. Also . . . please pray our Mission Prayer each day (before meals?).
Be ready to invite your friend the week of February 8.
Directions to sign-up on the website, Facebook, and after mass are in the bulletin.
Lord, bless our efforts for we do this for the love of your Son, Jesus Christ.